I may have surprised you a little with today’s email title.
Don’t worry I haven’t gone off the rails or fallen off the wagon – this isn’t
even one of my cheat meals.
This is the burger and chips recipe from my cookbook 30 Days Of Weight Loss
that I wanted to share with you.
One of the top reasons people HATE diets is they get BORED they feel like they’re stuck eating the usual salads, meat and veg again and again.
Not with my cookbook though, 90 delicious, easy to make recipes for you to sink your teeth in, including this little cracker.
I think lots of us crave a nice burger and chips from time to time, but in most cases eating them can put a little bit of timber around the middle.
However here is the exception…
Ingredients for Burgers (4 servings)
* 500g extra lean beef mince (or turkey will work fine too)
* 1 onion, chopped finely
* 1 chilli – finely chopped (optional)
* 1 x egg
* Seasoning: Salt and pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, divide it into 4 portions.
Knead each portion so it all sticks together nicely, then flatten into a burger shape.
2. Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan and shallow fry for around 4 minutes each side. Or you can grill them.
(a bread roll is optional, leave out if your trying to lose weight)
Ingredients for Chips
* 2 large sweet potatoes
* 1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
* 1 tsp paprika
* 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
1. Slice up the sweet potatoes in chip size pieces. (Use a sharp knife)
2. Toss all ingredients into large bowl and mix.
3. Then place in a large baking tray in oven at around 220 degrees C for 15
4. Turn and cook for a further 7-10 mins
Serve your burger and chips alongside one of the many salads from the 30 Days Of Weight Loss cookbook.
I should say at this point that my wife does most of the cooking and prep in our house so when I say “I”, I sometimes mean my wife 😉
The sweet potato chips are delicious! However I must say we very rarely make chips to be honest they are a pain in the arse if your in a rush (which we usually are).
Normally I make a couple of QUICK burgers and a large salad and this hits the spot.
This recipe will be HEALTHIER even if you have a bread roll BECAUSE its home made and there are no additives or preservatives.
You, like me, are probably living a fast paced busy life I find that putting some extra time into preparing my meals helps LOADS.
One method I use is cooking EXTRA!
I always cook at least 2 portions of my meal so it cuts down on the effort of cooking next time.
I just pack the extra meal in a little container to eat the next day or whack in the freezer.
(this works well with meatballs and curries, which are my two fav recipes)
The key to maintaining a healthy diet is make things as SIMPLE as possible.
(especially in the beginning)
So I hope you give the burger and chips recipe a go and let me know what you think.
PS – This weeks radio show discusses – Female Hormones, Vertigo, Endometriosis, Cysts, Pins & Needles, Glandular Fever and Hungry Baby Milk.