Pasta is a great way of filling up and easy and fast to make so perfect meal for after you’ve finished work.
1 shallot, thinly sliced
200ml vegetable stock
100g tagliatelle (any pasta will do)
85g frozen peas
85g broccoli florets, roughly chopped
200g salmon fillet, skinned and cut into large cubes
1 tablespoon capers
grated zest of ½ lemon
2 tablespoons virtually fat free fromage frais
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Put the sliced shallot in a saucepan and cook gently in a little of the stock for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and then add the tagliatelle (your choice of pasta). Cook over a high heat for around 8 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- While the pasta is cooking add the peas, broccoli and salmon to the shallots and pour in the remaining stock. Cover the pan and cook gently for 5 minutes, until the fish is cooked, the veg is tender and most of the stock has been absorbed.
- When cooked drain the pasta and return it to the hot pan. Stir in the capers and lemon zest and, lastly, the fromage frais. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Top the pasta with the drained peas, broccoli and salmon mixture. Sprinkle with snipped chives and serve immediately.