This is probably one of the easiest light meals you are ever likely to make, makes a great lunch and tastes delicious. Can be served with a crisp salad or spread it across a slice of whole grain bread to make the meal more substantial.
115g smoked mackerel fillet
60g quark or virtually fat free fromage frais
½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon snipped chives
Mixed salad leaves or toasted bread, to serve
Lemon wedges, to garnish
- Carefully remove any bones from the smoked mackerel and discard the skin.
- Put the smoked mackerel in a food processor or food blender with the quark of fromage frais, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Add a grinding of black pepper.
- Blitz briefly until all ingredients are combined to a smooth mixture.
- Mix in the chives and then press the smoked mackerel mixture into a small dish, cover in cling film and chill in the fridge until require.
- Serve the pate with some mixed salad leaves or spread on toast, garnished with lemon wedges.