Below is the burger and chips recipe from my cookbook – The 30 Days Of Weight Loss – that I wanted to share with you.
One of the top reasons people HATE diets is they get BORED they feel like they’re stuck eating the usual salads, meat and veg again and again.
Not with my meal plans though, they’re delicious, and full of easy to make recipes to sink your teeth into, including this little cracker.
I think lots of us crave a nice burger and chips from time to time, but eating them too often can put a little bit of timber around the middle.
* 500g extra lean beef mince (or turkey will work fine too)
* 1 onion, chopped finely
* 1 chilli – finely chopped (optional)
* 1 x egg
* Seasoning: Salt and pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, divide it into 4 portions.
Knead each portion so it all sticks together nicely, then flatten into a burger shape.
2. Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan and shallow fry for around 4
minutes each side. Or you can grill them. (a bread roll is optional, leave out if you’re trying to lose weight)
* 2 large sweet potatoes
* 1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
* 1 tsp paprika
* 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
1. Slice up the sweet potatoes in chip size pieces. (Use a sharp knife)
2. Toss all ingredients into large bowl and mix.
3. Then place in a large baking tray in oven at around 220 degrees C for 15
4. Turn and cook for a further 7-10 mins
Serve your burger and chips alongside one of the many salads from the 30 Days Of Weight Loss cookbook.
The sweet potato chips are delicious! However I must say I very rarely make chips to be honest they are a pain in the arse if you’re in a rush (which I usually am).
If you, are like me, you are probably living a fast paced life, so putting some extra time in the evening, preparing meals, frees up a lot of time.
One method I use is batch cooking, and just make EXTRA! I keep these in the fridge for the next day or freeze them.
The key to maintaining a healthy diet is make things as SIMPLE as possible. (especially in the beginning)
If that wets the appetite, then you can get your hands on all my recipes and my done-for-you meal plans, by joining any personal training programme or one of the slimming clubs. We kick things off by teaching you our easiest and best performing meal plan, which helps most members lose 10lbs in the first month, however, the more you have to lose, the better it works and we’ve had members lose 20-30lbs in just 4 weeks.